Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

I've Got a Meme? What the $#&@! is That?!?

So, I went to see Doc this morning, and told him I got a meme from a Phibian, and Doc says, "that's not possible, I gave you a shot for that... didn't I?" This game is new to me, but I'll give it a go...

Total number of films I own on DVD/video: probably about sixty or seventy, mostly kid stuff ( I have three boys ages 5 and under at home).

The last film I bought: Wow, it's been a while. Probably, The Passion of the Christ. I don't buy many films, and the ones I want I put on my wish list for holidays, so CINCHOUSE does most of the buying.

The last film I watched: You mean, like, from beginning to end, in its entirety? Remember when I mentioned that I work on a warship and have three kids? Are you joking? Okay, it's probably Jonah. "We are the pirates who don't do anything/we just stay at home, and lie around...."

Five films I watch a lot or mean a lot to me (in no particular order):

1) Henry V - "We few, we noble few. We band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother, be he n'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition."
2) Saving Private Ryan - I watch this one every Veteran's and Memorial Day, just to remind me to be grateful.
3) The Seven Samurai - better than the remake, were that possible and only if you can stand subtitles.
4) Dragonslayer - a nice, unlikely hero story.
5) The Right Stuff - a great way to be reminded that the first American in space was a Naval Aviator - and he was a SWO before he was an aviator.

Now, who do I pick...? Being a SWO, I don't really have any friends, only superiors, subordinates and peer/competitors. Plus, I'm so new at this no one really reads anything I write here, but I'll pass it to Chaotic Synaptic Activity, Smash and the Primary Main Objective and see what happens.

Update: add Chaps to the list.