Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Monday, August 29, 2005

No, I'm Not Dead...

...but I feel like it right now. My orders to USS Next Ship came in, and there are a million things to do (as CINCHOUSE reminds me a million times a day). To ice the cake, I'll be underway for 70 percent of the time I have to get everything done before transferring. We've figured out what to do with the house - we're going to sell - and we have a long list of things to fix before it's presentable. We're still debating where we're going to live for the six months I'm in school between this ship and the next, but that's narrowing down, too. The overseas screening process is dragging, though. Fifteen days to get it all done is completely unrealistic, but what else would one expect from a bureaucracy the size of the Navy?