Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I Thought This Horse Was Dead

It's been a while since the "great chickenhawk debate" bubbled up through the choking scum on the surface of the Left's pond, but here we go again. Meet Operation Yellow Elephant.

Perhaps they haven't noticed that, though there are shortfalls here and there, the military has been meeting its recruiting goals. And Lefties are always decrying how Conservative the military has become, so I don't think it's Liberals that are helping the military meet its goals.

Maybe what the folks at OYE don't understand is that there are doers and there are talkers, and while the talkers are noisily banging away at their drums, tens of thousands of doers are dutifully, but quietly, "taking the King's shilling."