Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Monday, March 27, 2006

More on the Blue/Red Divide

I've blogged on this before, but here's another example of the difference between the Blue and Red states:

The heartbroken family of a fallen Bay State [Massachusetts] soldier was devastated yesterday to find his memorial defaced by callous anti-war vandals who scrawled “Oil” and “Christian Crusade” on a sign commemorating his sacrifice.
...
In addition to their rantings about oil and religion, the vandals inserted words in magic marker that made the memorial read that Petithory was killed in action “w/o good education.”