Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Moussaoui Doesn't Deserve Death

The federal jury considering this 3M's case made one decision today.


Zacarias Moussaoui may be put to death for his role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people, a jury found Monday. The jury will consider in a second penalty phase whether to recommend death or life imprisonment for the Al Qaeda devotee.
But now, the jury must go back and decide whether they recommend the death penalty. I am generally a death penalty supporter, but I think this case has one difference. Moussaoui wants to be a martyr, and he clearly thinks that getting the U.S. to execute him is his ticket to Virgin City.

With that in mind, I think we should put him in a small, solitary cell for the rest of his life and make him chafe at the wait.